At Sharp, we respect the HIPAA and HITECH mandates and ensure that we put all safeguards in place including physical and technical safeguards. We understand the importance of Protected Health Information and maintain its Confidentiality by implementing various mechanisms; some of them are:
- The production area is cordoned off and access to this area is restricted to authorized personnel only.
- Security personnel are in place to keep a tight vigil on unauthorized entry.
- Biometric fingerprint devices are used to limit access only to employees.
- File transfers and data movement is encrypted and password protected to ensure privacy and confidentiality.
- Firewalls, antivirus and other security software are used to protect data.
- Employee credentials and other personal verifications are done.
Our workforce is periodically trained on HIPAA and HITECH compliance thereby creating awareness on compliance. Awareness programs are conducted for the entire workforce including production and administration teams.